Good Vibes Body Art offers sanitary, professional body piercing. Our piercer is experienced and friendly. Check our portfolios or contact us today to inquire about pricing. Piercings can be done on a walk-in basis but as our piercer is also a tattoo artist you may wish to call for an appointment.
Good Vibes Body Art has a variety of jewelry for sale. All prices for body piercing include the initial jewelry, with the exception of downsizing your oral jewelry after your piercing is healed. We use only the best quality surgical steel or titanium jewelry for initial piercing. We will not pierce you with jewelry you bought elsewhere; it is impossible to know the grade or quality of jewelry that is not purchased from our shop and can lead to many complications and allergic reactions during the healing process.
We also carry a variety of plugs, tunnels, body jewelry of all sizes, gauges and styles. Our suppliers are some of the best craftspeople in the country, we pride ourselves on offering only the best to our clients. For information about our inventory and the prices of specific body jewelry, come in to speak to our piercer today.
Once you have received your piercing, our body piercer will give you detailed verbal instructions on how to care for your piercing as well as provide said instructions in written form which will also have the jewelry used to pierce you with and the appropriate size to use after it is fully healed. This is a reference:
Healing Times for Piercings
- Navel: 4 – 6 months (up to 1 year)
- Cartilage: 4- 6 months (up to 1 year)
- Nostril: 6- 8 weeks
- Septum: 6- 8 weeks
- Bridge: 6- 8 weeks
- Earlobes: 6- 8 weeks
- Eyebrow: 6- 8 weeks
- Lip / Labret / Monroe / medusa: 6- 8 weeks
- Nipples: 6-8 weeks
Aftercare for Body Piercing
We here at Good Vibes understand that there is a lot of aftercare info out there and truly believe that you should follow the instructions given to you by your body artist, you trust us to pierce you, trust that we know how to best help you have a successful healing. That being said, if you have any complications using these instructions: please come back to discuss it with your piercer prior to accepting random advice from the internet or others.
- Wash your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning or touching on or near your piercing for any reason.
- Clean 2-3 times daily (do not clean more than 3 times a day as this will lead to irritation). Soak a couple of clean cotton balls clean warm water (no solutions!) and gently encompass your new piercing site to rehydrate the dried discharge which will safely soften it so you can wash your piercing with warm soapy water. You can then use Bactine or Ear Care Solution (both are mild antiseptics and do not contain salt) Do not use Hydrogen Peroxide, Rubbing Alcohol, Sea Salts, Chamomile tea or anything else not listed here.
- If you have an oral piercing use Listerine after smoking, kissing, eating –any mouth activity for the first 7-10 days.
- Avoid hot tubs, lakes & the ocean for at least 2-3 weeks. Showering is OK.
- Avoid tight clothing directly over your new piercing.
- Do not change your jewelry (unless there is a problem with the size or material of the initial jewelry and only with help from your piercer) for the entire healing period.
- Leave jewelry in at all times. Do not remove to clean, even well-healed piercings can shrink or close within minutes, making re-insertion difficult or impossible.
After the initial swelling has decreased (2-3 weeks) shortening the length of your initial jewelry is recommended to avoid causing prolonged irritation to the gums and teeth. Other than this downsizing (done at the shop by a Piercer), do not change your jewelry for the entire healing period.